Monday, February 27, 2012

The Power of a Smile


2012 has some serious room for improvement in my book. The year has potential to become much better. The year started off with the greatest news any couple could receive then that same news was shattered within months. The whole event culmination with a call to my mom and a trip to the ER Friday afternoon which lasted well over 11 hours. Rough weekend. It was/is a bump in the road. A physically painful and emotionally trying bump, but just a bump. A speed bump. As much as I hate to slow down, I was forced to come to a dead stop.

On the brighter side, I woke up this morning feeling better (it wouldn't take much) than I have in a really long time. I am still processing the event(s) and will probably for the rest of my life. We are forward movers and now more that ever clearly headed in that direction, toward the light. Learning from life's challenges and knowing that we can handle what ever gets thrown in the mix. We are eager to start a family, to bring a child into our lives and the lives around us but that will just be put on hold for a spell. I have some healing to do, then we will try again. I have the best partner a gal could ever imagine and have been nursed back to health without every feeling alone.

Everything is going to be alright, maybe not today but eventually.


If there is one positive thing that I can share that will benifit everyone from this experiance is to simply smile. It has been very hard for me. A smile is not how I feel inside. A smile is how I feel toward the people around me. A smile is what they need to see, not the look of disgust that I feel inside, which is certainly not directed to the loving people surrounding me. John reminds me constantly to just smile and believe me, it works wonders.

I am heading into today, Monday with a smile. I am smiling because I am starting to feel better, I know I will be my happy self again soon. I am smiling because I am going to find a job. I am smiling because I am surrounded by good people that care about me and let it show. I am smiling because there are second chances. I am smiling because no matter how bad it gets it can be worse. I am smiling because I can.


3 comments:

  1. I love you girl! Lifting you up in love and "smiles," have been my thoughts lately towards you and John.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather! Thank you for being there for me at the drop of a hat a couple of weeks ago, proves that friendship can transcend decades!

      Delete
  2. Although easier said than done at times, we must always keep our head up high, smile and know that God love us and will always see us through...all the best :-)

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....