Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Vegetables - Summer Salads

Salad.

I have salad on the brain.

A friend asked me what to do with all the summer vegetables that can take over a kitchen if not careful? I usually roast them, that is when it is not 90 degrees and turning on the oven is a sane thing to do. It is hot as all get out here in the desert, firing up the oven turns our apartment into a sauna. No likey.

Now, in the heat of summer I can eat raw vegetables and be totally satisfied. If I do heat up the oven it is for pizza which is also a great way to eat loads of produce. 

With produce in full swing, get to chopping, tossing and dressing!

I hope this helps spark some inspiration!



 


1 comment:

  1. There is nothing like cool and flavorful salads for a hot Summer night!

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....