Sunday, January 02, 2011

Bacon wrapped peppers


Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities.




- Aldous Huxley


We brought in 2011 with style. Bellingham style. Best friends style. Sweaty dance party style. Mountain bike ride with my favorite lady rider, in freezing temps, great trails, epic conditions, blue skies, sun and snow style. Kissing my favorite Stiles at the crack of midnight.

These things make me happy.

I know 2011 is going to bring change. 2010 took me out of my hometown. That is a big deal folks. 2011 is shaping up to take us even further from the "city of subdued excitement" but we will let that play out, as of now we still working things out, actually we will perpetually be working things out. Everyone is.

I know one thing to be true.

Bread is better with butter.

And....


My friend has the lushest hair I have ever seen.

And....

There is nothing I cannot do with my man by my side. Seriously. He pushes me to new heights, supports me on the journey and provides me with anything and everything to achieve my greatest potential. This man is amazing. As I push 30, I am coming into my own and know that there exciting and new adventures in my future. Things are going to be great. Things are great. It is exciting.


Bacon can be pretty exciting too.

If the peppers are large, cut them in half

And cheese.

And peppers.


These will make you happy.


Simple things will make you happy.

They create more time.

Personal time is good.


Bacon Wrapped Poppers

I watched my dad make these over the holidays. He has brought them to every gathering they went to since he learned to make them. In order to make them bite size, find small jalapeno peppers. If the peppers are longer than about two inches cut them in half. Bite size is key.

I am not going to give exact amounts. Use what you have on hand or how many you need based on the number of nibblers you have around.

Keeping it simple for you!

Preheat the over to 350 degrees

Ingredients

Jalapeno Peppers
Cream Cheese (room temprature)
Bacon

Put on rubber gloves.

Seriously. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Slice the peppers lengthwise and scrape the the seeds out. I often use a spoon to do this.

Smear enough cream cheese to fill the pepper.

Wrap the cheese filled pepper with a slice of bacon. The ends of the bacon should overlap a bit but not wrap around twice. 

Spear with a toothpick.

Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is nie and bubbly and the bacon is crisp.

Let cool on wire rack or paper tows.

Nibble

1 comment:

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....