Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Recovery

Here I am a week later. I made it through surgery, the hardest part of of the following days, now it is on to see the doctor today tp hear what actually happend while under the knife, begin physical therapy in the next couple of days... hopefully begin to walk soon.
I couldn't have done it without my hubby J. He was and continues to be my cornerstone. He has kept positive, understanding and increadibly patient. The first couple of nights he was up with me every couple of hours, made every meal for my picky appitite, brought me movies and watched them with me. I am a very lucky gal and I am sure that this road to recovery has just begun.
My Grandma and the rest of my family here and across the country have been increadibly supportive, and as I now know, the support is priceless and this would have been unbearable without everyone's help.  It really does take a village.
I took two weeks off of work, it has been a week and I still spend more than 3/4 of the day in bed or laying in various places in the house with my leg over my head. I wish that I would have known this. I had no idea that the recovery would be this intese. All I want to do is rest, rest and rest. Life has become increasingly more enjoyable now that I have cut out the pain killers. They are horrible and they don't kill the pain.
It is time to go put my leg up and have a date with the ice pack.
Merry Christmas~

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! We are leaving tomorrow, call you when we get back.
    Let's have dinner again. Az

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....