Friday, December 12, 2008

Planning and public

I am going to be brief, I know that many people would rather gouge their eyes out than talk about planning and policy issues in Whatcom County. Wait, I take that back, people don't want to talk about zoning or comprehensive planning until they have an issue. I understand. This is the crux of my job. How do we educate people before hand so they why we are doing what we are.
Good news, I lived through my first Planning Commission. One of the first steps in my effort to be a "planner."
Here are a few articles from the Bellingham Herald dramatizing, creating fear and and pandemonium in rural Whatcom County:

Poll: Residents think Whatcom County is growing too much
JARED PABEN - THE BELLINGHAM HERALD


Whatcom County landowners could lose development potential
JARED PABEN - THE BELLINGHAM HERALD

No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....