Monday, September 15, 2008

Birthday, bikes, sunshine...

The state of Michelle..... perfect!

What more could a girl ask for? A beautiful day here in Bellinghm, a wonderful weekend in Whistler, a heartfelt memorial for a fellow climber last night, and I am a year older today. I would say that I am on top of the world right about now.

I know I have been living right when I just don't know where to start. It is all so good.

Whistler was an absolute blast. We ended up riding on Friday and Saturday. Friday was a blast. It ended up being a half day of riding but for my first day, I don't think I could of held on any longer. It was great to get to know the mountain and how downhill mountain biking worked on a weekday before all the yahoos came out on Saturday. John took his time and showed me the ropes. That is all it took to get me hooked. I have never had so much fun on a bike. By the second day I tried a few black trails (difficulty level), trying stuff that I never imagined I would be able to pull off. I am glad I tried something new, something challenging, something miles away from my comfort zone. I found pure enjoyment. Ride the lifts up, hop on the bike and roll down the hill. Jumps, rock rolls, bridges, teeter totters, roots, corners, you name it, it is there. Oh and did I mention we were doing this in Whistler, the sights are out of this world. All said and done, I am ready to rumble. I can't wait to get back up there. Season pass next year.... I don't see why not. Diving in head first.... Hey, if there is one thing that I have walked away with through all of this is the notion of live your passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....