Monday, August 18, 2008

TOBY

Here we are, a fresh new week has begun.

Life in Bellingham has been pretty casual lately for me. I never made it to Squamish this past weekend, I opted for a casual weekend around the house. I found plenty to keep me occupied. Next weekend I hope to get out and make up for some lost time over the past month.
On Friday I went to a wedding of a long time family friend. It was fun seeing old friends and making some new ones. Weddings.... glad mine is taken care of!
Saturday we ventured out to the Deming Log Show Grounds and went to a RV show. This isn't what you probably are thinking. It ended up being very cool. These were trailers that have been restored from the yesteryear. People have put a lot of time and energy into these and it showed. Everyone has their passions! The day was rounded out by some lake swimming and lounging and a tad bit of house work. Movie, of course, "Enemy of the State" with Will Smith. I recommend this movie.
Sunday we were committed to house work, getting the house pressure washed, ripping the chimney off and getting the lawn mowed. It is looking better every day.
So, Toby, our family dog of COUNTLESS years was put to sleep yesterday. He was a bigger dog, part German Sheppard, part Husky (?). Well, he was ready to go to the dogie heaven.
I will leave you with what John told me when I told him:
"He had a good long run at it. He probably holds some sort of canine record for rib bones consumed." I guess one would have to know Toby. He would pass up a steak for a piece of garlic bread, swallow rib bones that Dad would give him, and dig through buckets of crab shells and crunch them down. Oh when he was in his prime we could never have a conversation with Neal without Toby talking (howling) the entire time. Love ya Toby....

No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....